Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Boca Raton Tree Lighting Ceremony

©City of Boca Raton


I realize it is November.  Late November, actually.  I'm sitting outside as I write this, savoring the cool breeze, but still in a tank top and shorts.  I just learned that my old hometown is snowed in this morning.  Is it any wonder that it just doesn't feel like the holiday season to me yet?  If you are a northern transplant like I am, I wonder how you "get in the spirit?"  I haven't shopped a bit, I've hardly thought about my Christmas cards yet…I seriously need a good dose of mistletoe and holly.

I'm hoping that Thanksgiving will do just that.  It's possible that this may be my favorite holiday.  Everyone sitting around the table.  Lots of food, lots of love and everyone thankful for what they already have!  Plus, the weather report looks like it may cool down substantially!  This may be exactly what I need to get into the spirit!

Plus, I think Boca may help me out in that department…

On Wednesday, November 25 from 5:30-8:30pm, there is to be a Tree Lighting Ceremony at Mizner Park!  Cooler weather, a glistening tree, maybe some holiday music…hopefully, that will be just what the Doctor ordered!


Hope to see you there!

XO, Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment